To close out 2016, I rounded up my current wardrobe essentials and the different ways I’ve styled them recently. What makes these pieces major must-haves are their functionality, versatility, and, of course, their stylish aesthetic!
Before we get to them, I just want to say thank you so much for following along on this journey of ours. I launched this blog in October of 2016, so it has only been a few months, but I already know this is something I am so passionate about continuing and growing!! I hope you’ve enjoyed what I’ve shared so far. As always, I am very open to questions and suggestions! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
ESSENTIAL PIECES YOU NEED IN YOUR WARDROBE:
The (Ivory) Turtleneck: Perfect for layering or tying an outfit together with a simple, clean touch, see how I’ve worn it a few different ways below. While it doesn’t necessarily need to be white or ivory, I prefer a neutral color for versatility.
- By itself, with high-waisted pants, wide-leg trousers, or your everyday denim for a streamlined, classic look.View more of this look here.
- It functions great as a go-to choice under a poncho or shawl:View more of this look here.
- Layered under a strappy top or dress – loving this trend right now, plus it’s a great way to keep wearing your lighter favorites all year long!View more of this look here and here.
OTK (Over-the-Knee) Boots: A pair of these can take an outfit from ordinary to extraordinary. They simply add flair and chic when needed. See the different ways I’ve styled them below.
- Dress up your favorite pair of skinny jeans by throwing some OTK’s over them.View more of these looks here and here.
- With shorter hems; colder weather doesn’t always have to mean tights! View more of this look here.
Neutral Sneakers: Not many a shoe are as reliable as a sneaker when it comes to comfort and wearability, so having a neutral pair in your wardrobe makes all the more sense. The type I mean is one that can be dressed up or down—one that can be worn with a dress or sweats! See below…
- With a dress or cut-offs in warmer weatherView more of this look here or on my Instagram.
- With ripped denim or skinnies for a cool, casual look
- With joggers
- With boyfriend jeans (and/or an ergo baby carrier for traipsing around town)
White denim: Okay, is it just me or is winter white (often in denim) huge this year!? Whenever I am in a pinch for something to wear, I grab a cute top and pair it with white denim for some added umph—a little something extra, or unexpected, that you just don’t get with blue jeans. See how I’ve styled them below.
- With a graphic tee; this outfit seems a bit “dressier” than it would, were I wearing blue skinnies. View more of this look here.
- With OTK’s.
- With athleisure up top.
- With off-the-shoulder tops.
Ankle boots: Probably my most-worn shoe as of late, my western ankle booties are my go-to!
- With fitted jeans
- With a dress
- With boyfriend jeans
The End! These pieces should truly take you well into 2017! I’ve gotten so much wear out of each and every one of them. Again, thank you so very much for reading! 🙂